However, sometimes it's hard to find the words to express the gratitude you feel. So please, feel free to use the thank you notes to boss we collected for you.
Below, you will find thank you note examples to thank your boss for help, support, mentoring, work anniversary wishes, opportunities, recognition, appreciation and for being the best boss ever!
For other thank-you to your boss samples on different topics, check out these posts:
Your thank you note can look like this:
Dear [Boss's Name],
Write the thank you message here. Usually, this will be 2-4 sentences.
You may also want to read How to write a thank-you note in 5 easy steps.
The examples below are for the center section (the 2-4 sentences). Replace words in [brackets] as appropriate for your situation.
Click image to view cards on Amazon
Click image to view cards on Amazon
Note: By naming your boss the "best boss ever" that implies that every other boss you've had wasn't the best. So, be careful what you say as you never know who else will see the note. And it's also possible that different bosses can be the "best boss ever" in different ways.
Click image to view cards on Amazon
I hope these note examples helped you to thank your boss!
Thanking your boss for a bonus is as simple as writing a short thank you letter. It's a gesture that goes a long way.
In this article, we will give you some ideas to impress your boss. No, it’s not to butter your boss to be likeable rather it’s a genuine gratefulness which you feel for your boss. If you have any idea about getting something back from him and you think thanking him for that reason is mandatory, drop the idea right now. Only if you have genuine thankfulness the following creative ways will help you succeed. The idea is to make him feel like million dollars.
Let’s get started.
This is a great way to say thank you if you don’t want to say to your boss directly. Simply wait till your he leaves. Take a piece of paper and make an arrangement for a cover. Write a genuine thank you note. You can write like –
You made a real difference in the way I work and live my life. I know I can’t thank you enough by saying anything. But I’m deeply grateful for your contribution in my career and in life. Thank you!
This simple gesture will create a havoc impact. When he will come next day and read this, think how he will feel? he will feel like top of the world and at the same time you will feel excellent.
If you feel shy about sending thank you note, you can do something else too. You can take some of his work which he is struggling with and can help him complete the task on time. But make sure while doing extra work for him, your own work shouldn’t be hampered. Trying to help your boss is okay, but not before you finish your task. First, finish off your project or work. Then if you get time, simply go to your boss and say – “Hey, I have done with my work. I have some free time. Can I do something to ease up your day?” It’s great to do this kind of work. But make sure that you are not taken for granted. It shouldn’t be like that that as you said it once, your boss will keep on pressurizing you to do the extra work all the time in future as well. It has a lot to do with the character of your boss. If he is one of those who are taskmasters, you should avoid this tactic as it may backfire and after you do this, every day you need to sit at office till night to finish off your work and extra work of your boss. If you feel grateful for the contribution of him in your life, there’s other ways you can thank him too.
If he is fond of books, you can take one of the best books of the year and gift it to your boss. But make sure what sort of book it is. So, know the choice of your boss. If he likes literary fiction, you can’t present him crime thrillers. To keep things safe, if you don’t know what he like, buy a business book of your domain and you can present the book to your boss. Inside, on the top of the first blank page, write a thank you note for your boss. There’s a downside to it as well. If he is someone who is very honest and firm about his character, he may perceive it as a bribe. So make sure that you don’t slack in your work. You’re sending your boss book and in office you’re wasting time. Don’t do that. As we have already mentioned in the beginning, it’s all about the intention. If you really feel that you are grateful, then only say thank you in different ways. Don’t expect any reward for saying thank you to him. Do it because you want to, not because you have something to achieve through it. And you can prove it by being ethical at work even after saying thank you.
Image source: pixabay.com
This is a great concept. Instead of saying thank you to your boss, you can do something else. To pass on the contribution to your boss, help one in need. And when s/he says thank you, ask her/him to do the same.
It’s a great way to spread goodness. It’s a goodness cycle. Imagine about your work place. What if everyone helps someone in need? It would become a great place. So, just go out and help someone else and ask him to do the same. If everyone follows it, the whole work environment would be something that people will love to come in every day instead of whining or bitching.
Do this favour to him. Help someone in need instead of saying thank you.
You don’t need to do something drastic. You can arrange a meeting where people will share only who they are thankful to in office. It’s a different concept. Arrange a meeting after work hours so the work is not hampered by any way. Ask your team members to join in and discuss about this with him.
Then invite everyone to come on dais and express their gratitude to the person (in office) to whom they feel most grateful. And when your turn comes, you can talk about him. This is a great way to create an environment where helpfulness will be openly celebrated.
By arranging this sort of meeting, you’re not only able to say thank you to him, rather you’re able to create opportunities for your colleagues and peers to say thank you to people (in office) they’re most grateful for.
You always don’t need to do extraordinary things to say thank you. Rather you can keep on doing the fundamentals so well that your boss becomes happy. You’re thinking of saying ‘thank you’ to him. But rather than saying ‘thank you’, why not simply do what he taught you well, day in and day out? Becoming something more than you were is also a present to your boss. If you can simply do your work, improve your knowledge about what you do and create an impact on the things that matter, your boss will not only be happier, but he will feel grateful for having such an employee like you.
Work on the fundamentals and keep things simple. We assure you that he will be impressed.
Why you feel so thankful to your boss? Is it because he has taught you something that’s incredible? Is it because he practices something that you love to practice? Or is it something you that makes you feel worthwhile again? The reason you’re feeling thankful can also be the effect.
Simply find out what you like about him and emulate that quality. Practice it whenever you find the opportunity. Don’t worry about the result in the beginning. You may fail initially. Adjust your sail and then try again. Practising what your boss taught you is a great way to say thank you. It doesn’t need words or verbal appreciation. Simply emulate and practice and you don’t need to say a word to your boss.
Image source: pixabay.com
Let’s say that you’re a very good cook and you can cook varied delicious foods. So, you can think to offer your expertise to say thank you to your boss. Simple arrange a lunch with your team members or invite your team members including your boss at your place and you can cook lunch or dinner. And you can personally say to your boss that his contribution made a great impact in your life.
Even if you’re not a great cook, you can cook one part of the meal and can order the rest and invite your boss and your team members in lunch or dinner.
Saying thank you is often a matter of being creative. If you say thank you while serving delicious food, nothing can match it.
Your boss is always solving problems. Some are big, some are petty. You can take time and find out what bothers your boss more. And then take action to solve that problem. Simply take a piece of paper and write down the problem your boss is facing in bold letters. Now brainstorm and find out ways and make a list of things to do. Start doing one thing at a time. And see whether it’s helping your boss or not. If not, go to next and do something else.
For example, let’s say your boss is not able to manage his emails with ease. You can gift him book/s on efficient management of email or you can talk about software/app which eases up email issues. Now, finding a problem which your boss is not able to handle can often backfire. Make sure that your boss is open to new ideas and won’t take your help as something else.
Simply take permission from your boss before presenting your idea to your boss. If he allows you to share your ideas with him, then only share and take initiative. Before doing anything, you need to know who he is as a person. If you’re new in the office, take some time to figure out before doing something like this.
Most people spread rumours this way. They talk about people behind their back. They gossip about what people did wrong. You can use this simple process to pay back for the contribution your boss had in your life. Simply make a point to talk about him when anyone talks about him. Say something like – “Yes, he is terrific. I learned a lot from him.” But make it genuine. It shouldn’t be something that you do when you try to butter someone. If you do it for some time, your boss will get to know about it and he will feel good internally.
You want to say thank you to your boss because first you want to express your gratitude to him and at the same time you want your boss to feel happy. If you create reputation behind his back, then both of your purposes will be achieved and everything will fall in place without much effort.
The above are the ways you can say ‘thank you’ to your boss. But there are thousands more, even millions. You just need to be creative. You can use one of the above ideas and implement and see how it works. If it doesn’t work, go to next and try out. Or simply jot down new ideas when you have them and say ‘thank you.’ You can use the same not to thank your boss only, but you can say ‘thank you’ to anyone who you think made your life better. And once you begin to say ‘thank you’, life will pause in front of you and will offer you more opportunities to say ‘thank you.’ Make it a habit. Say thank you, not only in words, but also through using different ideas. And you will see your professional life will transform before your eyes.
Have you thought about the person, who has a great influence on you? This person plays an important role in your life. You may think it`s your wife, husband, mother or father. Perhaps, you`ll be right if you don`t have a job. But if you have, it`s your boss, mentor or employer!
Let`s think who has an impact on your mood? Who decides when you should go home and if you`re worthy of some holiday? Who gives you money? The answer is your supervisor! Whatever you do, your boss will always be the first person you ask for help or advice. For these reasons, don`t miss any opportunity to say “thank you” to your boss not only when it`s a bosses day!
You have a lot of variants how to thank your boss: use an email, farewell messages, a thank you note or an appreciation letter, a thank you images or some quotes!
The reasons for being grateful are also numerous: you may thank for his or her guidance and support. It`s also possible to say “thank you for encouraging me and promotion”, “thank you for your leadership”, for the recognition or a bonus. And of course, don`t forget to pronounce “thank you for the opportunity to work with you” when you are leaving your job!
Remember: it`s never too much to get along well with your boss!
Whenever you want to thank somebody for something they have done for you, the words of gratitude should be genuine. We guess there’s no need to explain to you that fake thanks are seen miles away. Don’t be afraid to sound cheesy, because if your “thank you” is going from the depths of your heart, it will be appreciated.
Can you recall your first day at work? Chances are you were super nervous and made a few mistakes. Yet there was a person whom you could rely on. Of course, we’re talking about your supervisor. So, don’t miss the chance to express how grateful you are for his/her encouragements.
Do you feel like writing an appreciation letter to your boss to thank for everything he or she did for you? But it always seems that there aren’t enough words to show your thankfulness, right? Don’t panic, because you’ve got some great samples of what to write in a thank you letter.
Supposed you have already come up with a few words and phrases to use in your appreciation letter to the employer, is there a chance that those are enough? Check out some ideas below and, who knows, maybe you’ll find something worthy to add to the existing list.
The leadership qualities can’t be underestimated. Even if being a leader and tutor seems like a quite easy task, it’s definitely not. That’s why it is so important to let your boss know that you value him/her as a leader of your team.
Maybe you haven’t given it much thought, but any job offers a lot of opportunities. The point is, not all people can notice and use them. If you think that your boss deserves a special attention because his knowledge and skills have given you a lot of opportunities for growth at work, here are some interesting ideas of thank you notes.
Who doesn’t like feeling support, especially at work? Knowing that there’s someone ready to lend you a helping hand when times are tough makes you ready to face any challenges.
It happens that we have to leave even the most loved jobs due to some reasons. If you feel the necessity to express your thankfulness for everythi
ng your boss taught you before you quit, the examples of beautiful farewell messages to the boss are exactly what you need.
Whether you have been promoted or received a bonus, don’t forget to thank your boss for this.
Of course, when you leave your job, there are some mixed feelings. On the one hand, it’s nice to start something new, it’s always exciting. On the other hand, it’s sad to leave a place which holds a special place in your heart. One way or another, you need to show good manners and write a short thank you note to your boss to let him/her know that you appreciate the chance to have worked with them.
Let us ask you a question. Why do you work in a first place? Most answers would probably be – to make money for a living. Nevertheless, people strive to be recognized for the work they did as well. So if your boss has noticed your potential and recognized your contribution to the project, make sure he knows how thankful you are for this.
It’s always nice to have a few thanking notes just in case.
It’s great that a stereotype about bosses being only strict and dissatisfied with employees’ work is in the past. Nowadays, a boss is seen as a mentor in a first place. If you start working in a new position, the help you get from your boss is priceless. Below you’ll find beautiful cards which will express your gratitude to your mentor.
You may also like:
Thank You Note to Teacher From Parents
Moreover they mentor you not only in your work, but in your life as well. So, if you have a boss like that, you would definitely love to thank him with all your heart.
In 1958, National Boss Day was designed to honor the many leadership skills and achievements of a good boss. While you do not have to show your gratitude on just this day, it is always a good reminder to appreciate your boss. There are many bad bosses in the world, so make sure to show your gratitude when you truly get a boss who inspires you and makes you want to put in your best work. If you want to show your boss how much you care, try using these 40 best thank you messages to boss. These messages can be used as written or modified to suit your unique boss.
1. As my boss, I think that you deserve an extra note of thanks for all of your ongoing leadership and support!
2. Thank you so much for all of your leadership at work—it has truly been an inspiration to work with you. Thank you so much!
3. Your comments on how I can improve and your compliments on my performance have always motivated me and inspired me to do better. Thanks, boss!
4. A boss like you deserves an entire holiday to himself (or herself) for being so amazing!
5. Ever since I started working with you as my leader, I have learned so many things that make me a better worker and a better person. You are truly the best boss ever. Thank you!
6. A million thanks to you for being the best boss ever. Thank you for all of the support and encouragement at work and for in our lives. You are so amazing and all of us are lucky to have you. Thank you and God bless you!
7. The biggest problem in my life is that, after having a boss as amazing as you, I am ruined for working for anyone else. You have completely spoiled me. While I am grateful that you have been such an amazing boss, you have really limited my career choices because I will know compare any new boss to you wherever I go.
8. A boss like you deserves an extra thank you for always being an inspiration to us. Thank you!
9. I am so proud to be able to call you my boss. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me over the years.
10. You are without a doubt the most terrific boss ever. I thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement.
11. I just wanted to thank you for being the best boss in the entire world. Thank you for helping me mature and grow in my career. You have taught me so much already. Thank you!
12. After working with an amazing boss like you, I have started to feel left out when I am with my friends. Every time they start to talk badly about their bosses, I have nothing to say. Thanks for making me always feel like an outcast.
13. It is an honor to have the privilege of working for such a wonderful boss. Thank you for being you.
14. I just wanted to thank you for being such a great boss. I have enjoyed working with you so much over the years.
15. You have motivated your employees while having to make the toughest of decisions. Through your support for your colleagues and leadership, you have been a true inspiration. Thank you, boss!
16. My talent and skills may have gone to the grave with me if you had not noticed them and inspired me to put them to work. Because of you, I am a better worker and a better person. Thanks, boss!
17. I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for always being such a supportive boss. Thanks!
18. From being nothing to becoming something, I have made an amazing journey at this workplace. It is all thanks to your guidance that I have made this journey. Thanks, boss!
19. It was really so amazing to work with you in such a positive environment. Working under your leadership has been an amazing opportunity for me. Thank you so much!
20. Thank you for transforming our mistakes into valuable lessons. Your pressure and leadership has made us more productive and converted all of our skills into strengths. You have an amazing ability to bring out the best in all of us. Thanks!
21. Because of you, our workplace has always felt like a supportive community. Thanks from all of us!
22. It is one thing for you to be a boss, but being a mentor and a leader was never a requirement. We are so proud and grateful to have a boss, manager and mentor in one. Thank you for everything that you do.
23. Thank you so much for your constant encouragement. I am so happy that I am able to call you my boss.
24. My monthly targets never come in the form of a chart or a number. They really arrive in the form of praises I get from my boss. Thank you!
25. I just wanted to thank you for being there for me every step of the way. You are truly an amazing boss.
26. Thank you for all of your support and assistance. I consider myself truly honored to have you as my boss.
27. Please accept our gratitude and thanks for always being such an amazing boss.
28. After all you have done, thanks do not feel like enough. All I can do is offer my gratitude and appreciation for your leadership and for you being such a wonderful boss.
29. Stories of how amazing you are as a boss have gone viral in my family and friend group. Everyone is jealous that I have such a great boss. Thank you for always being a cool boss.
30. Thank you for all of your kindness, encouragement and support. I could never have asked for or expected such a great boss.
31. Since the first day that I began working for you, I know that I have changed in so many ways. All of these changes have helped me transform into a better person inside and out. From how I do my job to how I live my life at home, you are one of the biggest reasons why I am always striving to do my best. Thank you for being my boss. I appreciate you and all the things you do in more ways than I can count.
32. I could never have asked for a better boss. Thanks!
33. I am so thankful that you are my boss. You are more than just a leader; you are truly an inspiration. Your hard work and dedication has inspired me since the moment I first joined your staff. Thank you so much.
34. You are a better boss than anyone could ask for. Thank you!
35. Thank you for your guidance and support. You are really a one-of-a-kind boss and a wonderful human being.
36. If it was not for your example, we would never know what it takes to be a true leader. Thank you!
37. You have been our inspiration and the example we all strive to match. Thank you!
38. Thank you for always going above and beyond the call of duty in supporting us at work. Thanks!
39. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. You are an amazing boss for all of us.
40. Our whole team just wanted to show how grateful we are to have such a wonderful boss. Thanks!
This post contains thank you note examples to thank your boss for a gift! The gift could be for your birthday, new baby, wedding, Christmas or another holiday.