My best friend, my confidant – thank you I am *so* grateful that I have *you* still in my life, a friend who knows me Thanks for being there.
Dear best friend,
Thank you for everything, thank you for you being you and you letting me be me. Thank you for bringing out the best in me, even when I am feeling pessimistic. Thank you for not being fake and staying true to not only yourself but to me and everyone else in the world. Thank you for coming into life. I honestly do not know what I would do without your friendship, love and advice.
Thank you for being so compassionate and never turning your back on me even when everyone else around me turned their backs, thank you for being the only person in my life to never turn their back on me. To my best friend I thank you for never judging me, and for sticking by my side no matter how much sh*t I throw at you. Thank you for being the most beautiful person inside and out, not even a millimeter of ugliness within you. Thank you for listening to me whine about pointless things for hours on end, for listening to my stories and for being there for me no matter what. Thank you for not making me wear a mask and not making me to pretend to be someone I am not. Thank you for accepting me as I am and not attempting to change me in any way.
Thank you for sharing my happiest moments, being there for me at my unfavourable moments and every little thing in between. Thank you for being the person I can comfortably confide in and when i do, thank you for all the advice and empathy you provide me with. Thank you for all the sleepless nights I have caused you and for all the miles you have travelled to come see me when I have been unwell. Thank you for all the hours you spent looking out for me, and all the hours you spent visiting me. Thank you for being the person that made me smile and laugh, even when I’ve been stuck in the worst situations ever.
Thank you for the memories, memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life, unforgettable memories! From getting drunk on WKD at the age of 12, to the random Wednesday wobbles, to holding my hair when I’m throwing up, to giving me cuddles when I’m down in the dumps, to the trolley accident, to the hyperactive moments, to the sad moments, to the countless lists we made for my 18th, to the laughs, the jokes, the times you’ve taken the complete p*ss out of me and to the day we first met where you actually knocked my door for my friend instead of me because we lied and told you we were sisters, but you preferred her to me (b****). Thank you for every single memory.
Thank you for acting like my older sister, you’ll always be family to me. We argue like sisters, laugh like sisters, steal each others clothes like sister and act like sisters. You treat me like my own, like family. Thank you for being there for me through all the tough times, thank you for the cwtches when I’ve been crying, the times you’ve made me realise I was being idiotic and the times you’ve dragged me out of bed. Thank you for helping me through the most difficult thing life has ever thrown at me. The bereavement of my Mum, you were her fourth daughter and always will be. Mum loved you like her own and she always will no matter where she is.
Thank you for being my inspiration, the one I look up to in life. You’ve done so well for yourself it is unreal. You’re the strongest, most wonderful person I have had the pleasure of meeting. I am proud to call you my best friend, you’ve over come so much, and been the rock in so many people’s lives, especially mine. Thank you for always knowing what to say to me, and teaching me life’s most important lessons. Thank you for keeping me in your life and thank you for loving me even when I don’t deserve it.
Thank you for everything, I truly do love you.
X X X X X X X X X X X
Just another pointless blog View all posts by sunflowersmakemehappy
My best friend, my confidant – thank you I am *so* grateful that I have *you* still in my life, a friend who knows me Thanks for being there.
Thank You Messages for Friends: Friendship is too precious to be celebrated with a measly greeting card on Friendship’s Day. Make every day count and keep poking your besties with cute texts, tweets, pins on Pinterest and posts on Facebook. From handwritten notes that touch the heart to funny doodles about crazy stuff you’ve done together, let your friends know how much you appreciate them for all the support, advice, hugs and smiles. Childhood besties, bffs in school, college roommates or colleagues at work – all these people hold a special place in your life’s memory bank. Stop waiting for birthdays and other special moments to write a sweet note for them. Take ideas from this post to find the right words to randomly say Thank You to your friends for everything they’ve done for you.
1) My friend… thanks for tolerating my idiosyncrasies and crazy habits. You might not know this, but you helped me find happiness in being the person that I really am.
2) The secret to lifelong friendship is to treat is not just as a gift, but also as a responsibility. Thanks for playing your part to perfection.
3) Thanks for knowing exactly when to tell me what I want to hear, when I want to hear it the most.
4) From selfies to parties and from heartbreak to loneliness, thanks for being there for me through it all. xoxo
5) I am glad that the love in our friendship is not dependant on mood swings and bad hair days. xoxo
6) It’s ok if you don’t have too many friends. Just one good friend is all it takes to make life worth living.
7) There is no one with whom I can share my tears and fears, if you were not here. Thanks for being by my side, and always giving me reasons to cheer.
8) Thanks for removing the word EXPECTATION and adding the world HAPPINESS to the dictionary of our friendship.
9) I would rather thank you time and again for being a wonderful friend in every way, than belittle our friendship by saying thanks only once a year on Friendship’s Day. Thank you.
10) Thank you for being by my side not just when success makes me a haughty snob, but also when failure makes be a lousy slob. xoxo
11) My friend, thanks for never asking for reasons or explanations when all I wanted was a long hug and a few laughs. xoxo
12) Best friends are those who keep giving, even when you have nothing to give in return. Thanks for being one.
13) Throughout my life, everyone could see the tears in my eyes… but only you could feel the pain in my heart. Thanks for being my friend.
14) I don’t know what loneliness means, because sad and alone, I’ve never been. Through all of life’s murkiest corners and bends, I’ve always sailed through, because of you, my friend. Thanks.
15) I don’t know how I can say thank you to a friend who understands the all the things I never say and never says anything I don’t understand.
16) Look back in life and you’ll see that some of the best memories will be the simple moments spent with friends. My friend, I owe you tons for giving me a pool of awesome nostalgia. I miss you.
17) I would rather thank you right now and today for being such an amazing friend, rather than regret not having said these words to you after life’s journey comes to an end.
18) I never get ruffled even when I have troubles coming my way, because I know that you are just a phone call away. Thanks.
19) My dear friend… thanks for walking with me when I needed support, thanks for walking ahead me when I needed guidance and thanks for walking behind me when I needed someone to watch my back.
20) Whoever said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, obviously never had such a cool friend like you. Thank you for being my bestie.
21) I don’t have any wishes in life. As long as I have friends like you, I’ve got it all.
22) Thank you for being the friend that I always wanted, needed and appreciated.
23) Just like how a rainbow has no value without its bright colors and a perfume has no value without its fragrance, my life has no value without a friend like you. Thanks for being my friend.
24) We are truly Best Friends Forever because I can’t remember when our friendship began and I know it will never end. Thanks.
25) Your presence lightens up my sky like the crimson rays of the morning sun. Being around you makes even dull and boring moments seem so fun. Thanks.
26) You make happiness worth sharing and you make my dreams worth believing. Thanks for being by my side and making my life worth living.
27) My friend… thanks for showing me the dreams that I didn’t have the courage to see myself.
28) You’re less of a friend and more of a mirror that hides my weaknesses and highlights my strengths. Thanks.
29) People who say that there are no Sorrys or Thank Yous in friendship, are wrong. I don’t know if I owe you a sorry but I definitely know that I owe you a big thank you for being my friend. xoxo
30) The best part of having a friend like you, is that I always have happy days to look forward to. Thanks mate.
31) Worries in my life are halved because I can share them with you. Happiness in my life is doubled because you never let me feel blue. Thanks.
32) You’re my BEST friend because some of my life’s BEST memories would exist if it weren’t for you. Thanks.
33) Today I want to declare, that your friendship is worth more than millions of likes on Facebook and hundreds of thousands of retweets on Twitter. Thanks for being a REAL friend.
34) You have been the foundation of our friendship, my pillar of strength and the wall which shields me from every sorrow. If you were a house, I could live inside you. Thanks bestie.
35) My friend, thanks for being with me through thick and thin. It’s because of you that in life, I always score a win.
36) Our friendship helps me bloom into the person I am. I need you like how a flower needs sunshine. Thank you.
37) If friends like you came with price tags, I would have been a millionaire. You’re precious and our friendship is priceless.
38) You gave me your shoulder to lean on when I was down, a piece of your mind when I was acting crazy, your hand to help me move on and your heart to heal all my worries. Thanks for giving everything, for our friendship.
39) Living life without a friend like you would be like celebrating Christmas without Santa Claus or Easter without a chocolate bunny. Thanks for making my life a true celebration.
40) The way you help me solve all the problems in my life, sometimes I think that you are a fairy in disguise. Thanks for everything.
The first time I tried to sit down and write this article, I attempted to channel my inner wit to force out this really funny introduction about how Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, Phoebe Buffay and Joey Tribbiani and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama set the standard for male-female friendships.
Immediately following, I tried to shift the discussion.
I realized we forget to take a step back, smell the roses and thank our male best friends for their unique greatness.
While I’m not trying to invalidate my first draft, there’s a very, very important reason why I now discuss it in the past tense.
That garbage of an introduction that I wrote about six hours ago proved to be one, big, pathetic scapegoat.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and as I sit down and write this article, I’m tempted to make it witty, generic and relatable to avoid my purest emotions on this matter.
While I’m not going to say my co-ed best friendship doesn’t embody a dash of the aforementioned, to chock it all up to different sides of the same humorous coin doesn’t even scratch the surface.
Like many other women, I’m afraid to publicize, on a “deep” level, how really thankful I am for my guy best friend.
But, that cycle of denial ends now.
When we’re young and begin to embark on the often-dreaded social frontier, we’re propelled to make friends with other women because they’re the first ones who “get” us.
Years pass, and females continue to identify with each other over what society deems the unmentionables.
We bitch about our bodies together, and we feel as if the world is up against us, like we’re these foreign, misunderstood creatures with a code the public can’t crack.
Without warning, our first heartbreak arrives.
We indulge in pop culture to ease our troubled minds, and in the short term, we feel comforted.
Thus begins a dangerous social construct’s evolution: “Boys have cooties.”
As women, we’re programmed to think that 99.99 percent of guys can’t process our emotions (and maybe research will make my argument collapse upon itself, and I should probably just stop myself now to avoid sounding stupid).
Regardless, I’m here to challenge you to think of that one male in your life who disproves everything society once told you, the one who puts all those silly little myths to rest.
When you’re done thinking, thank him, and thank him a lot.
Society has this devilish habit of teaching us “guys suck,” and for guys, I’m pretty sure it’s vice versa.
We’re taught not to even bother trying to understand each other because half of us are from Mars, and half of us are from Venus.
To make matters worse, when you’re too close with a member of the opposite sex, everyone thinks there’s some underlying sexual tension on one side or the other.
Women can be friends with each other all the time with the widest array of stereotypes imaginable, but we always tend to fall back on that one deepening curiosity of “are they dating?” when a woman and a man spend a little too much time together.
On the outside looking in, male-female friendships appear incredibly one-dimensional, don’t they?
That’s what makes my co-ed best friendship so special.
I love having a guy best friend not because of what we have together, but because of what we don’t.
The fact it’s unconditional, unconventional and unapologetic is something I would not trade for all the riches in the world.
Since life is too short, allow me to shatter the norm and publicize all of the emotions I have about why I love my guy best friend with all my heart.
To my guy best friend (you know who you are),
You have taught me to never take myself, or life, too seriously.
As a result, we love each other without any sort of boundaries.
You are not afraid to tell me when my outfit looks ridiculous, when I should probably stop acting like an idiot and when you last went to the bathroom.
You will consistently call me out on my bullsh*t, and when my poor actions do not reflect my good intentions, you will more than let me know I need to get my act together.
They say opposites attract, and I couldn’t agree more.
You’ve often called me your lover, your life, your shawty and your wife.
Despite us definitely being soulmates on some level, I want to remind you that you are wired differently than me.
In many ways, you are everything I’m not.
Maybe I can’t completely accredit that to gender, but it might have something to do with it.
To know you is to love you, and you touch the lives of every human being you encounter.
I know you have enough friends (of both genders) telling you this information day in and day out, and I am constantly self-improving in hopes of one day being half of the person you are.
Nevertheless, our similarities reinforce my belief in the universe.
I grew up fully cognizant of family’s inextricable importance, but my support system grew complete when I met you.
You are the brother I never knew I needed.
But when you entered my life, I didn't know how I could have possibly survived prior.
As a consequence, I cherish our friendship’s durability.
You might not have been given to me by blood, but that’s okay because now, I will never take you for granted.
When I look at you, I know I’m doing something right.
Amidst our daily antics, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed with luck and pride that our paths crossed when they did, whenever they did.
In fact, who knows when the friendship really began?
I’m terribly sorry if you remember the exact moment and I don’t, but whatever provoked this sh*tshow probably involved laughing so hard that we needed to take an impromptu trip to the bathroom.
I will therefore never stop feeling blessed for every decision I have ever made that led me to that very moment.
I was in the right place at the right time to welcome you into my madness.
You say you “don’t do emotions,” but I’m going to call you out on your bullsh*t.
Maybe it’s “girly” of me, but I tend to sweat the small stuff.
I get so caught up in my head, and sometimes, I overreact over the most minuscule flaw in my day.
You would do anything for me, but you won’t cave to my theatrics.
Even when I encounter a real-life problem, you never fail to put things into perspective for me.
How do you always know what to say?
Your advice causes me to see the sky a little bit brighter, laugh a little bit harder and think a little deeper.
I live more because of you, and I can only hope I’ve inspired you to do the same.
Thank you for making sure I never go alone to a date function.
Thank you for taking care of me when I sick and promising me I’m not dying.
Thank you for making wildly inappropriate jokes at the worst times.
Thank you for shutting down the dance floor with me.
Thank you for never being full and for always pushing me to take one more bite of my panini.
Thank you for coming with me to the library when you don’t have that much homework to do, but you know I need some company and a Wawa 44-ounce iced coffee to avoid temporary insanity.
Thank you for challenging my morals and everything I once thought I believed in.
Thank you for rapping in the front seat of my car to Nicki Minaj when I’m doing everything I can to avoid a three-way collision.
Thank you for the good, the bad and whatever lies ahead.
Words don’t do justice to how thankful I am, but I think you get the point.
I can’t say it enough: Life is too short.
Apparently, male-female friendships are already unconventional, so why not take it a step further and pour your emotions out to the one with the Y chromosome you love the most?
Ladies, take a step back, smell the roses and thank your male best friends for their unique greatness.
We are the lucky ones.
Thank you for being my best friend!” 12.) “Happy birthday to one of the nicest people I have ever met. May this year be even more wonderful and blessed.” 13.
To my Forever,
It’s hard to put into words what you mean to me.
You’ve been my everything from the beginning. You have stuck by me through the hardest parts of my life, through every heartbreak, every challenge, and the constant mistakes I have made. You have seen me at my worst, and know my truest self and still, you are there for me. Your undeniable love is evident in the way you talk, laugh and care about me. It’s amazing how you can take the most horrible situation and make me laugh.
You truly get me, and for that I am forever grateful. There are not many people in this world that I can fully be myself with, but I am lucky to say you are one of them. You understand my crazy and love me for it. You know me better than I know myself. You are my everything. Life would be dull without you in it. You are my everyday, my shining star, the one who I would do anything for.
Thank you for appreciating me. For loving me. For taking on life with me. For listening to me, and for understanding me. For attempting to teach me how the world works and for crying with me when it f*cks us over.
Thank you for your wisdom. For listening to my stories and for helping me with every situation that life hands me. What would I do without you?
I’m grateful for your wake up texts every morning and for our daily phone calls. I wouldn’t want to spend every minute of every day with anyone else. You “get” me in a way that no one else has ever “gotten” me. You understand the deepest parts of my soul. I connect with you on a level like no other.
I love you just as much as I did all those years ago starting out highschool together. I’m grateful for your sense of humour, how everything is funny when we are together. How you try to make me a better person, how you care about me. I am confident that for you, there is no one in this world who could replace me and how you know I feel the same about you.
You make each and every day better. Thank you for being the sunshine in my life. You make the horrible days bearable. We have come so far, and I am so proud of you and excited to see where we will go in life. I wouldn’t trade any of our perfect moments for the world. You understand my truest self and love me for it. Through all of life’s ups and downs, we have remained constant, and for that I am eternally grateful.
Your Best Friend
Featured Image via vivianhoorn
All Fun, No Drama: What I Forgot To Thank My Guy BFF For Despite us definitely being soulmates on some level, I want to remind you that.